It was great to see The Project's Carrie Bickmore use her TV WEEK Gold Logie acceptance speech to raise awareness of an issue that affects so many people. Nominations for the 2016 Australian of the Year Awards are now open and if you know of someone going above and beyond, give them the recognition they deserve! #beaniesforbraincancer www.australianoftheyear.org.au/nominate Read More →
Receptionist/Admin Assistant position at the NADC
Applications now closed.
$40,000 - $44,000
Initial 18 month full-time contract with opportunity to extend
The National Australia Day Council (NADC) is the peak coordinating body for Australia Day celebrations and the Australian of the Year Awards. It leads a network of State and Territory Australia Day affiliate councils and local Australia Day Committees across the nation. The organisation has a core staff of 12 focusing on strategy and coordination.
The NADC is looking to employ a Receptionist/Administration Assistant to provide reception and office duties and support the Australian of the Year Awards team.
Office and Reception:
- Reception duties (i.e. answering and directing phone calls, greeting visitors)
- Management of meeting rooms
- Distribution and coordination of incoming and outgoing mail
- Ordering and maintaining stationery and kitchen supplies
- Filing and photocopying
- Arranging travel and accommodation
- Organising couriers when required
- Petty cash management and reconciliation
- Cabcharge and re-ordering of books
- Manage IT and telecommunications support
- Records management support
- Office maintenance (i.e. reporting and completion of repairs)
- First Aid/OH&S Officer
- General office support as directed
Australian of the Year Awards:
- Provide administrative support to the Australian of the Year Awards team
- Photocopy, sort and collate the nominations and supporting materials
- Data entry of nominations
- Answering phone enquiries about the Australian of the Year Awards
- Assist with sending the nominations to state and territories for short listing
- Coordinate mail-outs to various Awards stakeholders
- Arranging travel and accommodation for award finalists and recipients
- Building and maintaining guest lists and databases
- Taking RSVP’s for a number of events
- On event days produce name tags and other event materials
- Other duties as required
Applications close midnight Sunday 6 May 2012. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the full position description. In addition to a resume, applicants should demonstrate that they possess the desired skills in the form of a cover letter.
Applications should be submitted to: email@example.com Any further questions about the position, please call 02 6120 0600.