It was great to see The Project's Carrie Bickmore use her TV WEEK Gold Logie acceptance speech to raise awareness of an issue that affects so many people. Nominations for the 2016 Australian of the Year Awards are now open and if you know of someone going above and beyond, give them the recognition they deserve! #beaniesforbraincancer www.australianoftheyear.org.au/nominate Read More →
2009 Senior Australian of the Year Visits NT
Outstanding philanthropist Pat LaManna OAM will visit the Territory from 4 to 7 August as part of his role as the 2009 Senior Australian of the Year. During this time he will visit Alice Springs, Pine Creek, Katherine, Batchelor, Palmerston and Darwin communities.
"Pat LaManna is an amazing award winner with an interesting story to tell” said Heather Sjoberg Chairman of the Australia Day Council NT Inc.
“We have worked closely with the Council on the Ageing, who had lobbied to have Pat visit the Territory, and local councils to allow him to visit as many communities as possible.”
Mr LaManna is also in the Territory to promote nominations for the 2010 Australian of the Year Awards. The 2010 awards will mark the 50th anniversary of the Australian of the Year Awards, with inspirational names such as Prof Fred Hollows, Kay Cottee, Robert de Castella, Sir Edward ‘Weary’ Dunlop, Sir Robert Helpmann, Arthur Boyd, Dame Joan Sutherland, Lee Kernaghan, Dawn Fraser, Sir Gustav Nossal and Dr Fiona Wood among the honour roll.
- Tue 4 Aug 12;00 to 13:30 Seniors Lunch Civic Centre, Alice Springs
- Wed 5 Aug 10:00 to 11:30 Community Morning Tea Pine Creek School
- Wed 5 Aug 15:30 to 16:30 Seniors Afternoon Tea Katherine Town Council
- Wed 5 Aug 19:30 Lions Club Dinner Coffee Club, Crossways Katherine
- Thu 6 Aug 10:30 to 11:30 Seniors Morning Tea Rum Jungle Bungalows
- Thu 6 Aug 13:30 to 14:30 Seniors Afternoon Tea Palmerston City Council
- Fri 7 Aug 11:30 to 13:30 Multicultural Lunch Community Room, MCNT, Malak
- Fri 7 Aug 17:30 to 19:00 Launch of Seniors Month Reception Parliament House, Darwin